ALL LEVELS / 50-40-30-20-10 workout / 15 minutes
Equipment: Exercise mat
We got to admire regular exercisers: it’s one thing to find the motivation to work out once in a while; it’s an entirely different one to show up for yourself almost every day. We’re aware of this because we’re there too, watching the effort everyone’s putting in daily.
Nonetheless, we can all admit it’s hard to find the incentive some days. That’s when creativity plays a decisive role and that’s when we show up. We’re always searching for ways to bring innovation to your training sessions while making them more challenging and playful. That’s precisely the case of today’s session.
A50-40-30-20-10 workout is almost self-explanatory: those are the number of reps you should perform for each exercise every round. You’ll have only 3 bodyweight exercises to do, which turns the next 15 minutes into a great conditioning session.
- Deep squats
- Bicycle crunches
Ready? Let’s make it count!
- 5 rounds
- 3 exercises
- 50 reps each exercise in the 1st round
- 10 reps less every subsequent round
- 15 minutes
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
EVO nurtures natural movement and our workouts, such as this one, usually require little to no equipment and minimal training space, making it easy to perform them everywhere.
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – PUSH-UPS
- Start in a plank position with arms straight, shoulders above wrists, and body in a straight line. Engage the core and glutes.
- Keeping the shoulders over the wrists, lower the whole body towards the floor, dropping comfortably as low as you can.
- Push the body upwards and return to the start position. Repeat for desired reps or time.
2 – DEEP SQUATS
- Stand on your feet, placing them at the same distance as that of your shoulder lines.
- Engage the core and go down to the floor, maintaining your knees on the line of your feet. Maintain the abs and glutes tight to control your hip and stabilize the movement. Use your arms to help you with your balance.
- Keep your feet attached to the floor and squat as down as possible without lifting the heels or feeling pain in your lower back.
3 – BICYCLE CRUNCHES
- Lie on the floor with your lower back on the ground and your knees flexed. Engage your core.
- Place your hands behind your head, pull your shoulders from the floor and raise your feet from the floor.
- Emulate the bicycle pedal motion and bring one knee up, stretching the other.
- Simultaneously, rotate your torso to help your knee touch your opposite elbow.
- Do the same on the other side and repeat.
If you liked this 50-40-30-20-10 workout and you’re looking for more sessions like this, find them below:
- 10-min glutes and legs workout
- 20-min full-body dumbbell workout
- Single-arm kettlebell circuit
- 20-min full-body HIIT workout
- 10-min functional cardio workout
- 23-min glute workout
- Functional dumbbell lower body workout
- 35-min functional full-body workout
- 20-min stability workout
- 20-min abs and core workout
- 30-min total core workout
- 30-min upper body workout
- 12-min kettlebell mobility flow
- 16-min EMOM workout