Personal Trainer from Vienna, Austria
Judit is an experienced personal trainer from Vienna. She creates individual training and nutrition plans and specializes in functional strength and endurance training. For her, fitness means continuously working on yourself in order to go through life more confidently.
Follow her on Instagram: @juniquetraining
16-MIN EMOM WORKOUT
ALL LEVELS / EMOM workout / 16 minutes
Equipment: Med ball, dumbbells, mat & bench
In case you don’t know, EMOM is a type of interval training and stands for “every minute on the minute”. This means that you will perform a specified amount of repetitions of an exercise at the start of one minute and rest during the time you have left within the same minute. Then, at the start of the next minute, you’ll move to another exercise and do the same.
Today’s workout is provided to you by our personal trainer from EVO Berggasse in Vienna – Judit Stroj. This EMOM targets your whole body and consists of 4 exercises that you should perform for 4 rounds, resulting in a total time of 16 minutes.
- Assault bike
- Kettlebell bent over row
- Russian kettlebell swings
- Lateral burpees over the mat
As your workout progresses, you’ll be more fatigued and feel your resting time slipping away. This turns this session into a great cardio push.
Last but not least: we are counting minutes, so make sure you have a stopwatch.
Ready to start the clock? Let’s do this!
- 4 exercises
- 16 minutes
- Equipment: Assault bike, kettlebell & mat
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
If you don’t have the equipment originally needed for this workout, you can substitute it with these everyday items or use these alternative exercises.
- Kettlebell = bag with some weights, such as books, cans of food
- Assault bike = go for a cardio exercise like jumping jacks, jumping lunges, squat jumps or high knees.
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – ASSAULT BIKE
2 – KETTLEBELL BENT OVER ROW
20 reps, changing arms every 5 reps
- Lean forward at a 45-degree angle.
- Keep the weight on your heels and bend your knees.
- Keep your back flat from shoulder to hips.
- With the kettlebell on your right arm, row the kettlebell up towards your hip.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Control the movement and bring the kettlebell down.
- Repeat and change arms every 5 reps.
3 – RUSSIAN KETTLEBELL SWINGS
- Hold the kettlebell with both hands.
- Hinge the hips to initiate the swing movement.
- Rapidly drive hip extension to swing the kettlebell upwards.
- Control your swing descent with a hip hinge by swinging the kettlebell between your legs.
4 – LATERAL BURPEES OVER MAT
- Stand tall, parallel to the mat and engage the core.
- Begin the movement by quickly bending down, reaching the hands towards the floor in front of the feet. As you do this, simultaneously jump, bringing your legs back and land on the floor in a push-up position.
- Drive the hips up rapidly and jump into a squat position.
- Then, in a single movement, explosively jump over the mat while returning to the upright position.
- Easy: burpee without lateral jump
- Moderate: lateral burpee over the mat (like in the video)
- Hard: lateral burpee with push up over mat
Liked this EMOM workout? Check some other workouts here:
- Full-body Yoga tone workout
- Full-body workout for strength and mobility
- 45-min strength and endurance workout
- 35-min kettlebell workout for strength and power
- Full-body dumbbell workout
- Functional shoulder workout for strength and control
- 35-min functional strength workout
- 30-min functional workout for strength
- 30-min Pilates workout for strength and power
- 30-min full-body HIIT workout