ALL LEVELS / full-body bodyweight workout / 30 minutes
Equipment: Gym mat
It’s one of the most common misconceptions in the fitness industry and something we have fought against since day one: bodyweight training is as effective as weight training. Unlike you sometimes hear, it’s not something only beginners do, and you can get stronger with it. As the name suggests, the only difference between weight and bodyweight training is that, in the latter, you use nothing but the weight of your own body to exercise.
What best way to debunk these myths than by trying it out yourselves? You can start immediately with this full-body bodyweight workout. It consists of 5 exercises plus 1. Your goal is to complete the reps of each of these first 5 exercises in 30 minutes. Of course, you don’t have to perform all the reps in a row: you can divide them. 10, 15, or 25 reps each time: it’s completely up to you. The added challenge here is that every time you switch to the next exercise, you have to perform 20 v-sit explosives — our plus one exercise and the number 6 on the list below. Rest as you please but remember: the goal is to complete all this in 30 minutes.
- Jumping jacks x500
- Squats x400
- Mountain climbers x300
- Push-ups x200
- Inverted jumps x100
- V-sit explosive x20
Let this workout begin!
- 6 exercises
- Reps of each of the first 4 exercises, in no particular order
- 20 v-sit explosives each time you switch exercises
- Rest only if needed
- 30 minutes total
- Equipment: Gym mat
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
EVO nurtures natural movement and our workouts, such as this one, usually require little to no equipment and minimal training space, making it easy to perform them everywhere.
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – JUMPING JACKS
- Start in a standing position with your arms by your sides. Engage the core slightly and set the shoulders, ready for movement.
- Keeping arms and legs straight (but not locked out) simultaneously jump the legs out to the sides and raise the arms to shoulder height. Stabilise the hips, core and shoulder girdle.
- Return to start and continue at a controlled rhythmic pace.
2 – SQUATS
- Stand on your feet, placing them at the same distance as that of your shoulder lines.
- Engage the core and go down to the floor, maintaining your knees on the line of your feet. Maintain the abs and glutes tight to control your hip and stabilize the movement. Use your arms to help you with your balance.
- Keep your feet attached to the floor and squat as down as possible without lifting the heels or feeling pain in your lower back.
3 – MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
- Start with your hands on the floor at shoulder-width, with arms extended.
- The hands must be aligned with your chest line.
- Try to maintain your trunk straight while you pull your knee to the projected chest line on the floor.
- Alternate pulling your knees to the projected chest line.
- Make sure you’re standing on your hands with a tight core.
4 – PUSH-UPS
- Start in a plank position with arms straight, shoulders above wrists, and body in a straight line.
- Engage the core and glutes.
- Keeping the shoulders over the wrists, lower the whole body towards the floor, dropping comfortably as low as you can.
- Push the body upwards and return to the start position. Repeat.
5 – INVERTED JUMPS
- Crouch down and place your hands on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Engage the core and set the shoulders.
- Keeping your arms straight, jump your feet over to one side so that they land just behind the hand.
- Keep the knees bent as you jump.
- Jump back to the other side, and repeat alternately.
6 – V-SIT EXPLOSIVE
- Lie on your back with your arms overhead.
- Engage the core, and rapidly bring the hands to the feet, while making a v-position with your body.
- Make sure you keep the arms and legs as straight as possible.
- Return under control and repeat.
You can find more challenges like this full-body bodyweight workout below:
- Full-body workout for time
- 20-min full-body workout
- 35-min lower body strength workout
- 30-min upper body strength workout
- 20-min functional full-body workout
- 30-min full-body workout
- 35-min full-body strength workout
- 11-minute AMRAP cardio workout
- 15-min lower body strength workout
- 30-min EMOM full-body workout
- 30-min full-body Tabata workout
- 30-min cardio Pilates workout
- 20-min barbell strength workout
- 25-min functional full-body workout
- 30-min full-body strength workout