ALL LEVELS / functional strength workout / 15 minutes
Equipment: Exercise mat
Let’s get stronger the EVO way. There’s a difference between isolated strength exercises and compound strength exercises such as the ones that we prepared for this 15-min functional strength workout. And what is the main difference, you ask? It is being able to work on your overall condition while strengthening your muscles.
With just 3 exercises, we’re able to work your full body for 15 minutes. You’ll have a pre-defined number of reps for each exercise, and you’ll perform them for 4 rounds. A short but intense session, just the way we like them.
- Flutter kicks
Ready to get stronger? Let’s do this!
- 3 exercises
- Different rep amount per exercise
- 4 rounds
- No rest between rounds
- Equipment: Exercise mat
- Duration: 15 minutes
WORKING OUT FROM HOME? NO PROBLEM.
EVO nurtures natural movement and our workouts, such as this one, usually require little to no equipment and minimal training space, making it easy to perform them everywhere.
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – PUSH-UPS
- Start in a plank position with arms straight, shoulders above wrists, and body in a straight line.
- Engage the core and glutes.
- Keeping the shoulders over the wrists, lower the whole body towards the floor, dropping comfortably as low as you can.
- Push the body upwards and return to the start position.
2 – FLUTTER KICKS
20 reps on each side
- Start by positioning yourself on the exercise mat by making a 45 degrees angle with your back.
- Use your elbows to support you.
- Extend your legs fully out, as straight as possible.
- Lift your heels off the floor explosively, making up and down movements for the indicated time.
3 – SQUATS
- Stand on your feet, placing them at the same distance as that of your shoulder lines.
- Engage the core and go down to the floor, maintaining your knees on the line of your feet. Maintain the abs and glutes tight to control your hip and stabilize the movement. Use your arms to help you with your balance.
- Keep your feet attached to the floor and squat as down as possible without lifting the heels or feeling pain in your lower back.
Now that you’ve completed this functional strength workout, time to pick your next session:
- 10-min cardio challenge
- 15-min core and shoulders workout
- 35-min full-body strength workout
- 30-min no equipment full-body workout
- 30-min full-body workout
- 50-40-30-20-10 workout
- 10-min glutes and legs workout
- 20-min full-body dumbbell workout
- Single-arm kettlebell circuit
- 20-min full-body HIIT workout
- 10-min functional cardio workout
- 23-min glute workout
- Functional dumbbell lower body workout
- 35-min functional full-body workout