ALL LEVELS / 50 reps workout / 15 minutes
Equipment: Dumbbells & kettlebell
Who doesn’t love a stimulating challenge? It’s the ultimate antidote to the monotony that often sneaks into our training sessions. After a while repeating the same workouts, it’s natural that we find ourselves stuck with the same old set number of reps and rounds, like a never-ending loop of deja vu.
This 50 reps workout will help you put an end to that feeling with a thrilling challenge. As the name suggests, this workout dares you to complete 50 reps of 5 distinct exercises in under 15 minutes. You have complete flexibility in how you decide to break down these 50 reps; there’s no need to complete all of them in a row. However, there’s a twist: whenever you transition to the next exercise, you must complete 10 burpees — our additional exercise that corresponds to number 5 on the list below.
- Dumbbell military press
- Deadlift to row
- Kettlebell swing
- Dumbbell deadlift
Ready? Let’s complete this challenge!
- 5 exercises
- 50 reps of each of the first 4 exercises, in no particular order
- 10 burpees each time you switch exercises
- Equipment: Dumbbells & kettlebell
- Duration: 15 minutes
WORKOUT EXERCISE LIST
1 – DUMBBELL MILITARY PRESS
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Set the shoulders and engage the core.
- Lift your arms up so that they make a straight line with your shoulders.
- Bend your elbows to a 45-degree angle.
- Lower the dumbbells and return to the 45-degree angle starting position.
- Throughout the whole exercise, maintain your core tight, shoulder blades squeezed together and your torso upright.
2 – DEADLIFT TO ROW
- Standing up proud, hold two dumbbells in each arm.
- Now, bend forward until your upper body is slightly above parallel to the ground. Your back should remain under tension/straight throughout the motion.
- Row the dumbbells up and down one time. Bend your elbows and retract your shoulder blades.
- With your arms returned to the lower position, raise your upper body back up.
3 – KETTLEBELL SWING
- Hold the kettlebell with both hands.
- Hinge the hips to initiate the swing movement.
- Rapidly drive hip extension to swing the kettlebell upwards.
- Control your swing descent with a hip hinge by swinging the kettlebell between your legs.
4 – DUMBBELL DEADLIFT
- Begin in standing, holding a dumbbell in each hand. As the video shows, the dumbbells can be positioned in front of the body; however, if this puts too much stress on your lower back, hold the dumbbells by your side.
- Engage the core and begin the movement by bending the knees slightly and hinging the hips. Then continue the bending by pushing the hips backwards, lowering the dumbbells as far as comfortable.
- At the bottom of the movement, actively engage the glutes, push the feet into the floor and drive the hips upwards and forwards to return to the start position.
- Repeat for time or reps.
5 – BURPEES
10 reps every time you switch exercise
- Start in a standing position and engage the core.
- Begin the movement by quickly bending down, reaching the hands towards the floor in front of the feet. As you do this, simultaneously jump, bringing your legs back, and land on the floor in a push-up position.
- Perform a push-up and, on the way up, drive the hips up rapidly and jump into a squat position. Return to upright and repeat continuously for reps or time.
That concludes our 50 rep workout. Find more challenges below:
- 20-min lower body workout
- 25-min functional strength workout
- 30-min full-body workout
- 15-min upper body workout
- 10-min full-body AMRAP workout
- 30-min HIIT full-body workout
- 18-min lower body workout
- 20-min upper body workout
- 30-min AMRAP workout for strength
- 10-min cardio and core workout
- 20-min shoulder strength workout
- 10-min functional bodyweight workout
- 11-min AMRAP strength workout