How does fitness evolve?
Learn how to perform a Hip Extension the EVO way.
- The hip extension is a functional whole-body strength, stretch and balance exercise
- Warm up is a very important stage of an exercise program. It increases body temperature, prepares muscles, ligaments and tendons to exercise
- A good warm-up is crucial when you’re facing a cold environment, preventing injuries like muscle breakdown or muscular contractures
- With the bar hanged by the strips, hold it on the extremities with your arms extended. The bar must be aligned with your hip
- Try to maintain your trunk in a planking position while you bent over it to the front and lift your leg backwards
- Keep your arms extended, holding the bar and try to go further, extending your shoulders, trunk and leg
- Step back to the early position and switch the leg
- Hip Extension increases functional mobility in a full body activation mode
- Promotes core activation, coordination and increases flexibility
- Repeating some movements to each side will prevent injuries and prepare the muscle to moderate or intensive exercises